real time web stats

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Some Excerpts as I Edit


#‎amwriting‬ book #5, "The Owl from Oblivion", draft 8, 158,637 words, 524 6x9 trade pages. Read aloud editing phase. Here is a little excerpt from what I am editing at this moment. I get a bit philosophical in a number of places in the book: 

Paul25 watches Paul1 and Sophistan1, mentally musing in the Atreyeu part of his mind, “The two zombies of a dying timeline comfort each other, like a ship and an anchor finding comfort in each others company as they race to the bottom of the ocean. Paul1, had you not decided to imitate your first love, Tonya, the computer, your higher Atreyeu thought might have taken hold and saved you. Instead, Oblivion, the ocean bottom that has consumed many sailors, awaits to engulf you.”
...
Syon, asleep in the hospital bed on the reality timeline and watching this through the dream, silently begs in his mind, “Let me back on to this timeline, Paul25, just one more time. Let me see my dad as he was, before he is no longer my dad. Let me keep the feeling of true love from a parent before Leonard, the monster, kills me.”
...
Paul25 again muses in the Atreyeu part of his mind. “Love is tragedy banked. I am sorry for what I must do to you in the future, Dad, on the other timeline. It will hurt you deeply but all of our futures will be positive afterwards.”

No comments:

Post a Comment