real time web stats

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Writing Update 4/6/15

#‎amwriting‬ Book #5, "The Owl from Oblivion", 157,331 words, draft 7, 518 pages in 6x9 format. I finished draft 6 which contains all of the professional editor's changes plus all of the extra stuff I wrote to address the editor's misunderstandings. I also extended the book and gave it a new ending to accommodate the additional plot thread prompted by the editor's comments. I am now working on draft 7 which focuses on global changes the editor suggested. Mainly, these changes give my writing much more "punch" by removing the flying at 30,000 feet some scenes had. I have to say this editor has been like taking two college courses in writing plus some custom tutoring. While being outrageously expensive for a long book for such as this, it has been worth every penny. If I never sell another book I'll be a tremendously better writer because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment