real time web stats

Thursday, June 18, 2015

What to Expect: Book#5, The Owl from Oblivion release Aug. 3rd




Book #5, "The Owl from Oblivion" should be released August 3rd. It is designed to be read by both readers new to the series and readers of the previous books in the series. To new readers, they will understand about 80% of the story. I did it this way in hopes of attracting new readers to the book series.


This book will be a bit different than the previous books. For one thing it is about twice as long as the previous books. It is also twice as intense. I held back some in the previous books worrying that it might be too intense for kids. I didn't hold back much in this book because I wasn't sure I would get to write another one so I wanted one book where I wrote full throttle in my natural, uninhibited style, a bit dark. For example, Syon is beaten regularly by his parents; prostitutes even pity him and buy him food; and then governments come after him because they figure out he is the long lost gift to humanity from an alien race. Some aliens culture humans like we culture bacteria to experiment on them. Not only do you see through the eyeballs of these exceptional kids but you see through the eyes of government officials as they struggle to figure out what the right thing to do is given these kids exist --- what is the humane course of action given the limits of the political systems and the culture's science, and the need to protect people/prevent them from panicking. The story is the Nexus of a struggle of both humans and aliens trying to overcome the limits of their cultures to help these unusual children. By the time Book #5 is released I will have spent 2.5 years full time producing the book. I hope you will give it a try when it is released.


No comments:

Post a Comment