real time web stats

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Writing Update 1/17/15

#amwriting Book #5, "The Owl from Oblivion", draft 6, 141,124 words. Working on the "Horizon of a Dream" chapter. The book is building in intensity at this point. I'm writing a lot of new stuff for that chapter. The editor comments every page or so about what, as a reader, they think is going on in the plot. This is very useful because I can then see whether the reader is on the right track on every page. The editor started wondering about few things because they were getting confused so I had to write in a whole lot more detail than I originally planned. The editor also talked about ways to eliminate the Paul7 character so it became clear to me that I had not involved Paul7 in the story enough. So a Paul7 strip is being added. To keep mind from becoming to bogged down in the intense story or the intense edits through this section, I listened to a bit of motivational music while working on this section: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP37kl2wk-0


No comments:

Post a Comment