real time web stats

Friday, January 4, 2013

What is Life? Tova2's Perspective in Book #2

“Life. What is it? I’m not sure anymore. How can I be? I had a mom. Too long ago to remember. Now, my creator, Peter3, pleads for my life. He loves me. But not how he thinks. Perhaps if he understood the concept, I would be his daughter. What does the third clone of a fourteen-year-old genius know about love? My true love lies on a table---a giant bomb ready to destroy a planet full of people. We were made for each other---the lonely pair of a new species---none of these people can understand our feelings for each other. Yet, here I am, my beautiful sparkle ball in hand, ready to send him and quite possibly me back to atoms. Our adopted son, the twenty-fifth clone of a nine-year-old boy, gives me energy to do the dirty deed. Perhaps for him, death is a relief---after 1500 years of loneliness he has found the love of parents---and now he watches them die---his last act of love as he complies with my wishes. Nineteen---too little time as a mother---too little time to know true love---what shall I do, Stefan, my love?”

[ This is the beautiful final illustration by Matt Curtis for Chapter 12 of “The Saeshell Book of Time Part 2: The Rebirth of Innocents.” The excerpt is a condensation of part of the book. ]



To get in on the beginning of the story, you need to read book #1, The Saeshell Book of Time Part 1: The Death of Innocents. Click Here to see available formats for purchase. To learn more about the four part serial, Click Here.


No comments:

Post a Comment