real time web stats

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cover "Sketch" #1

Today, the artist doing the artwork for book #1 delivered me a concept "sketch" of the cover. I was blown away when I looked at it because it was not a sketch but an actual rendering. What he has done is taken my hacked up cover template which I created to show him how I wanted the cover laid out and he has dropped his rendering into it. The rough text and roughly drawn pyramid will be replaced by the artist eventually. And rendering he has drawn has a lot of cover elements missing. It's just to give an idea how things will look and to confirm we are headed in the right direction. I think that despite all the caveats, even at this early stage the cover looks stunning. When the cover is fully completed I think it will be better than a big 6 cover. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment